Electrician - Job Description
Due to continued success & market growth PV Generation are seeking A fully qualified Electrician.
Qualified Electricians required to support installations of Solar PV installations & IR Heating Systems. If you are interested in being part of an exciting and sustainable industry with a fast-growing Irish company and learn new skills, then please apply to PV Generation.
We require qualified electricians with at least 2 years’ experience. You will need to be flexible and hardworking with the ability to work with a diverse team across the North East of Ireland.
We are looking for a steady and committed candidate on a long-term basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Execute all tasks assigned by your designated Team Leader
· Review project plans and survey notes to ensure that the project is built according to design.
· Coordinate travel time with other teams where required
· Identify (eg pick list) and load up products/components required for the project
· Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with photovoltaic (PV) installations on site. Apply all necessary Health and Safety attires and equipment correctly and where required PPE to be worn.
· Determine PV system designs or configurations are based on factors such as customer needs, expectations, and site conditions.
· Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment
· Assist in carrying out all aspect of electrical installation and commissioning for a PV system, including but not limited to electrical wiring, mounting of inverters and batteries, testing, installation of main switches and other standard commercial and residential electrical work
· Double check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations
· Act as site team member during installations, ensuring efficient, safe, and quality work with adherence to the Company’s high standard of installation, best practice and regulatory requirements
· Measure and analyze system performance and operating parameters to assess operating condition of systems or equipment
· Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
· Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits.
· Compile, record, and submit all documentations required for the project.
· Practice the highest housekeeping standard set by the Company, making sure
· Customer’s Premise is left the way it was. All debris, dust, cardboard, plastics, cables, etc are to be cleared, removed off site and disposed appropriately.
· Complete weekly van checklist and be accountable in ensuring the Company’s vehicle is kept clean, tidy, and litter free at all time.
· Work directly/indirectly with relevant team lead/members, contractors, and customer as guided by your team leader.
· Remain up to date with requirements and best practice relating to PV design and installations.
· Assist in diagnosing, identify, and resolve any deficiencies in PV Systems and/or system malfunctions and operational issues.
· Help develop documentation, manuals, and best practice guidelines.
· Adhere to all OHS&W requirements.
· Communicate with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and concerns to the best of your ability.
· Demonstrate system functionality and performance, including start-up, shut-down, normal operation, and emergency or bypass operations to customer.
- Passion for renewable technologies
- RECI / Safe electric registered electrician
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work with teams
- Good Time Keeping
- Friendly Manner
- Experience working in solar or Infrared heating systems would be an advantage but not essential
- Test and inspection qualifications would be beneficial
- Full Driving License
- Safe Pass
- Wiliness to travel
Full training provided
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrician: 2 years (required)
- Manual Handling Certificate (required)
- Safe Pass (required)